Friday, June 20, 2014

To Be Alive

Risk-taking is, of course, one of the scariest things about life, but it's necessary. Without taking risks, one would never grow, would they? When I put this outfit together, I started with the skirt. I love this skirt; how the fabric falls, the layers, and of course the color! At first I was tempted to wear a black shirt with it as I usually would when I wear a bright color. But then I put on a purple shirt. I took a risk, by putting two jewel tones together. It was scary (not the scariest of risks, I know), but I was a bit uncomfortable all day. I'm so used to wearing black that color feels weird on me. I'm glad I did it though, because change is good!





 
Speaking of risks, (shameless plug coming up!) I took one yesterday and started a YouTube channel! If you'd like to check it out, you can visit my channel, InTheLandOfStlye, by clicking right here!!!

 
"To be alive at all involves some risk." -Harold Macmillan
 
 
Leather Jacket- Eclipse
Purple Shirt- Thrifted
Blue Skirt- H&M
Flower Stud Oxfords- Nasty Gal

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I feel weird wearing black :D I love the end result, this top is so gorgeous, I'm mesmerized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I really like your blog! following you now, hope you'll do the same ♥
    LUSCIOUS STYLE
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT :)
    anyway, would you like to follow each other on gfc/bloglovin and instagram?

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS PAGE
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two jewel tones are sooo gorgeous! I LOVE this outfit. And your hair is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions